take orders 点菜
a: good afternoon, sir. may i show you our lunch menu?
下午好,先生。请看午餐菜单。
b: thanks.
谢谢。
a: please take your time... may i take your order now?
您慢慢看。……现在您要点菜吗?
b: ok. i'll have a mixed salad and a sirloin steak. which vegetables come with the steak?
对。我要一份什锦沙拉和牛腰肉排。有什么蔬菜可以就着牛排吃吗?
a: french fried potatoes, carrots and peas.
有炸薯条、胡萝卜和豌豆。
b: that'll be fine.
太好了。
a: would you like something to drink?
要不要来点什么喝的?
b: yes, i'll have some beer with coffee to follow.
好的。来点就和咖啡吧。
a: how would you like your steak?
您希望牛排怎么做?
b: i'll have it medium rare, please.
我来个半熟的吧。
a : which kind of salad dressing would you prefer, french, thousand island or oil and vinegar?
您要什么样的沙拉酱,法国的,千岛的,还是油和醋?
b: do you have any blue cheese dressing?
我明白了。那就要它吧。
a: i'm afraid not, but i would recommend the french dressing.
恐怕没有。但是我可以向您推荐法国酱。
b: i see. i'll take it.
我明白了。那就要它吧。
a: would you like your coffee now or later?
您是现在要咖啡还是等一会儿呢?
b: later, please.
等会再上吧。
a: a medium-rare sirloin steak, a mixed salad, a glass of beer and a cup of coffee. will there be anything else?
一份半熟牛排和什锦沙拉,一杯啤酒,一杯咖啡。还要点别的吗?
b: no, that's all. thank you.
不了,就这么多吧。谢谢。
a: thank you, sir. your order will be ready soon.
谢谢您,先生。您点的菜很快就会上来。
第 2 页:重点讲解
1. “blue cheese”是指蓝纹干酪,一种用牛乳制成的半松软干酪,味道独特。
2. take your time 别着急;从容做
eg. take your time with each resume, as it is the first impression you make on the hiring manager.
花时间去打造每一封简历,因为它将决定招聘经理对你的第一印象。
eg. take your time; make a realistic resolution, one that you have considered and you believe can be accomplished.
花些时间,制定一个现实的计划,一个你经过思考、并相信可以达成的决定。
3. medium rare 四分熟;适中
eg. i want my steak medium rare, please.
我要半生的牛排,麻烦你。
eg. how would you like the your steak? rare, medium rare or well-done?
您希望您的牛排怎么做?嫩点,适中,还是全熟?