要生产必定要购买原料。所以贸易中有关原料的买卖占到相当大的一部分。下面就是几段关于原料的对话,供您参考。
(1)
a: our manufacturing costs have gone up too much.
我们的制造成本增加太多了。
b: you might try one of our cheaper components.
你试试这种较便宜的组件怎样?
a: let’s take a look at your price list again.
我再看一次你们的价目表吧。
b: sure. i’ll bring it in next week.
好哇 ,我下个礼拜带过来。
(2)
a: this is the best material we have to offer.
这是本公司所供应的最好的原料。
b: actually, i don’t think we need it to be this good.
说实在的,我并不认为我们用得着这么好的。
a: i can let you have this kind cheaper.
我可以算你便宜一点。
b: let’s do that.
那就这么说定吧。
(3)
a: how is the new material working out for you?
新原料用得如何?
b: fine. we’re saving a lot of money with it.
不错,节省了不少的钱。
a: i’m glad to hear that.
听你这么说真高兴。
b: it was a good suggestion. thanks.
你建议得不错,谢谢。
(来源:考试吧 英语点津 annabel 编辑)