话题45 选择路线
乘坐出租车时要选择好路线,出租车通常按照路程计费,选择最近的路线既快速又省钱,在交通拥挤的时段选择不太拥挤的路线也能节省时间。
英语情景会话
A: Excuse me. Do you think I can get there in time to catch the 11:30 train?
A:请问,我能赶上11点半的那班火车吗?
B: Well, let me see. Now it's 11:00 sharp. It's a long way to go.If I take the shortest route, we may come across a traffic jam.If I take a less heavy route, it will save us 10 or more minutes, but you'll have to pay more. Which do you prefer?
B:嗯,让我想想。现在正好是11点,这儿离火车站很远。如果走最近的路,可能会遇上交通堵塞。如果走不那么拥挤的路的话,可以节省10分钟甚至更多的时间,但您得多付些钱。您想走哪条路?
A: Are you sure that I can get there in time if we take the less heavy route?
A:如果走不那么拥挤的路,您敢肯定我能赶得上吗?
B: Generally speaking, we can if we go at this speed and nothing unexpected happens.
B:一般来说,如果按现在这个速度,路上又没有其他意外的事发生的话,能赶上。
A: How much more do I have to pay?
A:我得多付多少钱?
B: Compared to the shortest route, you may pay around 5 Euro more.
B:与走最近的路相比,您可得多付大约5欧元。
A: That's acceptable. No one wants to miss a train.
A:那行。没有人愿意赶不上火车。
B: OK... Here we are. We'll turn left at this cross. To go straight ahead is the shortest route.
B:那好……您看,我们在这个十字路口得往左拐了,直走到最近的路。
A:Thank you,
A:谢谢。
其他常用英语口语表达
It's a more direct way.
走这条路好像比较顺。
I'm taking a short cut.
我在抄近路。
It takes much shorter time to get there.
从这儿走更快。
We had to come round by the wheat fields.
我们不得不绕着麦田而过。
This short cut will go around the traffic.
抄这条路可以避开塞车。
常用英语词汇表达
short cut 抄近路
speed up 力口速
go around 散开
smooth 顺畅的
mess 混乱的状态
ahead 在前面