Chapter4 Eating Abroad 吃在国外
Uit2 Western Food 品尝西餐
第三部分 Conversations 实用对话
情境对话1
Ordering 点餐
Jane:Would you show us the menu?
简:我们能看一下菜单吗?
Waiter:Sure.Here you are.
服务生:当然可以,给您。
Jane:l'd like to have prawn cocktail, and tomato soup for the main course,l'd like steak with onion, with some black coffee afterwards.
简:主食来一个大虾杯.西红柿汤。还要洋葱牛排,最后来杯无糖咖啡。
Waiter:Sorry, tomato soup is not being served today, but we have egg soup, it's very delicious.Why don't you try it today?
服务生:对不起,今天不供应西红柿汤,但是鸡蛋汤味道不错,您不尝尝?
Jane:lt sounds good. l'II try it.
简:听起来不错,我来尝尝。
Waiter:Would you like to have a drink?
服务生:您要点儿喝的吗?
Jane:Well, l'II have a glass of mineral water.
筒:哦,我来一杯矿泉水。
Waiter:Anything else?
服务生:还要别的吗?
Jane:No,thank you.I think it's enough for dinner.
简:谢谢.不要了。我想够了。
Waiter:OK.I'II be back soon.
服务生:好的。我马上就来。
情境对话2
Dessert 甜点
Justin:How about some dessert, Betty?
贾斯汀:再来些甜食怎么样,贝蒂?
Betty:Not me;l'm.stuffed.
贝蒂:不要了,我已经很饱了。
Justin:Bella,how about you?
贾斯汀:贝拉,你呢?
Bella:I'm really full,but l'd like to trhe lemon meringue pie if you don't mind.I've heard a fot of people talk about it, but l've never tasted it.
贝拉:我也很饱了,不过如果你不介意的话,我想尝尝那种柠檬蛋白派。我曾听许多人提起过,却还从未吃过。
Justin:Good.One lemon meringue pie.And give my friend over here a piece of apple pie, too.
贾斯汀:好的,来一份柠檬蛋白派.再给这边的这位朋友来.块苹果派。
Betty:But...
贝蒂;可是……
Justin:You wanted an American dinner, and ther's nothing more American than apple pie.
贾斯汀:你不是想吃些美国风味的饭菜吗?苹果派最具有美国味。
Betty:OK.OK.
贝蒂:好吧,恭敬不如从命。