Learn English free online - how to pronounce word in English - English Learning Online- www.pronounceword.com

翻开就能用出国旅游英语 自然景观 8-2-3金字塔实用对话

Chapter8 Natural Wonder 自然景观

Unit 2 Pyramids 金字塔

第三部分 Conversations 实用对话

情境对话1

The Sphinx 狮身人面像

Nina:What sights are there worth seeing here?
妮娜:这里有什么值得看的景色?

Monica:The Sphinx is well known all over the world.
莫妮卡:狮身人面像是世界闻名的。

Nina:ls it?
妮娜:是吗?

Monica:Sure.lt's also the place most worth seeing among all the places I've ever seen.
莫妮卡:是的。并且它是我见过的最有观赏价值的地方。

Nina:lt must be splendid.
妮娜:那一定很壮观。

Monica:Of course.
莫妮卡:当然。

Nina:Shall we visit some other places?
妮娜:还有什么地方可以游览的?

Monica:We'll also go to the Suez Canal.
莫妮卡:我们还将去苏伊士运河。

Nina:Really? That's great.
妮娜:是吗?太棒了。

Monica:Yes,I am sure you'll have a good time here.
莫妮卡:是的,我肯定你会玩得愉快的。

Nina:l think so.
妮娜:我想是的。

情境对话2

The Great Pyramid 大金字塔

Loren:Do you have any vacation plans?
劳伦:你假期有什么安排吗?

Glen:Not exactly,but I have made up my mind to see the Great Pyramid in E-gypt for a few days.
格林:还没完全定下来,但我决定要花几天时间去看埃及的大金字塔。

Loren:Wow,great!I went there two years ago.lt's one of the most interesting places l've ever seen.
劳伦:哦,太好了!两年前我去过那儿吉?那是我看过的最有意思的地方之一。

Glen:I was told that those tombs are actually used to keep the kirtgs,corpses.
格林:我听说那些建筑都是用来保存国王尸体的。

Loren:You're right.They are not only used io keep them safe after their death,but also to hold thair treasures.As a matter of fact,the huge stone pyra-mids were built over those tombs.
劳伦:你说得很对。金字塔不仅为了保护他们死后的安全,而且也为了保存他们的财宝。实际上,那些大石头砌成的金字塔是建在那些国王坟墓上的。

Glen:How many of them-are there?
格林:有多少个金字塔?

Loren:They say there are over eighty pyramids in Egypt.
劳伦:据说埃及有80多个。

Glen:Where are those,pyramids located ?
格林:那些金字塔都在什么地方?

Loren:They are all on the west bank of the Nile River.
劳伦:它们都在尼罗河的西岸。