Chapter9 Idle Talk 旅途闲聊
Unit1 Talking about Time 谈论时间
第三部分 Conversations 实用对话
情境对话1
Setting a Watch 对表
Ross:What's the time now?
罗斯:现在几点了?
Kelly:Sorry,I don't know,there's something wrong with my watch.
凯莉:对不起,我不知道,我的表有点毛病了。
Ross:You've simply forgotten to wind it up, have you ? When do you usually wind it up?
罗斯:你忘记给表上发条了吧?你通常是在什么时候上发条的?
Kelly:ln the moming, before going to work.
凯莉:在早上,上班之前。
Ross:You got up so late today. You have forgotten,I think.Tum on the TV and set your watch by it.
罗斯:你今天起得特别晚,我看你是忘了。打开电视机,根据电视对你的表吧。 ‘
Kelly:OK. l'II tum it on.
凯莉:好的。我这就把它打开。
Ross:AII right. lt's just eight o'clock.
罗斯:好的。正好八点。
Kelly:Well,l'm setting my watch ateight.Thank you.
凯莉:好的,我把表校准为八点。谢谢。
Ross:You are welcome.
罗斯:不用客气。
情境对话2
Tirne Difference 时差
Brown:Mr.Gao, Welcome to New York. It is so nice to see you here!
布朗:高先生,欢迎你来纽约。能在这里见到你真是太好了!
Gao:How are you, Mr. Brown. Thank you for greeting us in the airport.
高:你好吗,布朗先生?谢谢您到机场来迎接我们。
Brown:You must be very tired, aren't you?
布朗:你们一定非常疲倦了吧?
Gao:A little bit. What time is it now in New York, by the way?
高:有点累。顺便问一下,现在是纽约时间的几点钟?
Brown:lt's almost four PM.
布朗:差不多是下午四点了。
Gao:l have to adjust my watch to th8 local time.
高:我必须把表调到当地时间。
Brown:However, there is a thirteen-hour difference between the two cities.
布朗:我们两座城市的时差是大约十三个小时。
Gao:I see.
高:好的。