Conversation 1
对话 1
Tom is watching a TV documentary about Chile. Dan comes over to talk to him.
汤姆在看关于智利的电视纪录片,丹过来跟他聊天。
Dan:What are you watching on TV?
丹:看什么电视节目呢?
Tom:Do you know which country is the narrowest in the world?
汤姆:你知道世界上最狭长的国家是哪个吗?
Dan:Sorry, I have no idea. What is it?
丹:不好意思,我不知道是哪个国家呢?
Tom:That is Chile in Latin America Continent.
汤姆:是拉丁美洲的智利。
Dan:Why is it so?
丹:为什么是它呢?
Tom:Spindly Chile stretches 4,300km, over half of the Latin America Continent.
汤姆:智利地形狭长,绵延4300千米,超过拉丁美洲的一半。
Dan:It must be from the driest desert in the world in the North to massive glacial fields in the South!
丹:那就包罗了北面最干燥的沙漠,到南面广袤的冰川啊!
Tom:You are right. There are volcanoes, geysers, beaches, lakes, rivers, steppe and countless islands.
汤姆:你说对了这里有火车、间歇喷泉、海滩、湖泊、河流、大草原和数不尽的岛屿。
Dan:Wow. That is like everything I want in a country.
丹:哇,包括了所有我想去的景点啊。
Tom:Yeah. You are right.
汤姆:是的,你说对了。