一. Ability 能力 练模拟对话
Dialogue 1
对话1
M: How many laguages can you speak?
男:“你会说多少?
W: I can speak French and German.
魏:我能说法语和德语
M: How well can you speak them?
男:你能说多少呢?
W: I can speak German quite well, but I can't speak French very well.
魏:我德语说得很好,但我不会说法语很好
M: Can you help me to translate these sentences into German now?
男:你能帮我吗这些句子翻译成德语吗?
W: No, but I'll be able to tomorrow.
女:不,但我可以明天
Dialogue 2
对话2
W: Can you speak English?
女:你能说英语吗?
M: Yes I can. I speak it very well.
男:是的我会。我说得很好
W: Where did you learn it?
女:你是在哪儿学的?
M: I lived in England when I was a child.
男:我在英国住了当我还是个孩子
W: What else can you speak?
女:你还有什么能说的?
M: Well, I know a little Italian.
男:好吧,我知道一点意大利语
Dialogue 3
对话3
M: Most of our customers are foreigners. How many foreign languages can you speak, Elizabeth?
男:我们的大多数客户是外国人。你能说多少种外语,伊丽莎白?
W: Two. French and Spanish.
魏:2。法语和西班牙语
M: And how well can you speak them?
我和你能说多少呢?
W: Well, French was my best subject at school. I can read and write it pretty well.
女:好,在学校我最好的科目是法语。我能读和写的很好
M: And how about your Spanish?
男:西班牙语呢?
W: Well, it's not as good as my French. I can speak it reasonably well, but my written Spanish isn't very good.
女:好,那不如我的法语。我可以说相当不错,但我的书面西班牙语不太好
M: I see. Well, we have a lot of Spanish customers, but you wouldn't need to write any Spanish here.
男:我看到。哦,我们有很多的西班牙客户,但你不需要写任何西班牙在这里
W: In that case, I'm fit for the position I think.
魏:在这种情况下,我很适合这个职位我想
Dialogue 4
对话4
W: Can you help me now?
女:你能帮我吗现在?
M: No, but I'll be able to tomorrow.
男:不,但我可以明天
W: That'll be too late.
女:那太晚了
M: Why don't you ask Bill if he can help?
男:你为什么不去问如果他能帮忙吗?
W: I did, but he wasn't able to either.
魏:我,但他不能够