56 A Smuggler 走私者
Dialogue One
A:Good morning,Passport, please.
早上好。请出示你的护照。
B:Here you are .
给你。
A:Ah,thank you.Please bring your luggage here for inspection.
谢谢你。请把你的行李拿来这里检查。
B:Ok.But is there anything wrong?
好的。但是有什么问题吗?
A:It's just a regular inspection.Do you have anything to declare?
只是一个正常检查。你有什么东西要申报吗?
B:I've got 6 packets of cigarettes and 2 bottles of champagne.Besides,I have two cameras,one is for my own use,and the other is a gift.
我带了6盒香烟和两瓶香槟。另外,我还有两台照相机,一台是我自己用的,另一台是礼物。
A:Well,the cigarettes and the champagne are not in excess of the duty-free allowance. But according to our law, each passenger is allowed only one camera duty-free.You 'll have to pay duty for the other one.
好的,香烟和香槟可以免税。但是根据我们的法律规定,每名乘客携带的相机只有一台是免税的。你不得不为另一台相机交税。
B:Ok .Where shall I pay duty for it?
好的。我应该在哪里付呢?
A:Please wait a minute.I'll make out the duty memo.... Here you are.Take this and pay to the woman over there.
请稍等。我会开张税单…给你。拿着这个,到那边那个女人那里交钱。
B:I've paid for it .Here's the receipt.
我已经交了。这是发票。
A:Very well.I hope you 'll enjoy your stay in America.
非常好。祝你在美国过得愉快。
B:Thank you.
谢谢你。
Dialogue Two
A:Here 's my passport.I'm a visiting scholar.
这是我的护照。我是一名来访学者。
B:Do you have anything to declare?
你有什么东西要申报的吗?
A:No,these are all my personal effects.
没有,这些全都是我的私人物品。
B:What's in the bag? Would you mind opening the bag?
这个袋子里是什么?你介意打开它吗?
A:Not at all.I don't know what's dutiable.Do I have to pay duty on things for my own use?
一点也不。我不知道什么是应缴税的。我自己用的这些东西需要缴税吗?
B:NO.You don't have to pay duty on personal belongings.
不。私人财物无需纳税。
A:Thank you.
谢谢你。
Dialogue Three
A:Have you anything to delcare?
你有什么东西要申报的吗?
B:One bottle of perfume and a watch.
一瓶香水和一个手表。
A:Where did you buy it?
你在哪里买的?
B:In Boston.
在波士顿。
A:Do you travel a lot/
你经常旅行吗?
B:Oh..... I go to see my sister twice a year or so.
噢…我一年去看我妹妹两次左右。
A:Twice a year?How long has your sister lived in Boston?
一年两次?你妹妹在波士顿住了多久?
B:Nearly ten years.
将近10年。
A:I see,that's a long time.How much was the watch?
我知道了。很长时间了。这个手表多少钱?
B:I can't remember,but I've got the receipt somewhere.Would you like to see it/
我记不得了,但是我发票。你想看一下吗?
A:Yes,I'd like to see the receipt.Oh!I see you bought the watch last week.
是的,我想看一下发票。噢,我明白了,你上周买了这手表。
B:Yes.Does that mean I'll have to pay duty on it?
是的。这是不是意味着我必须缴税?
A:Yes,I'm afraid you will.Altogether on the watch and the perfume you owe me seven pounds.
是的。恐怕你要。手表和香水全部一起你要交给我7英镑。
B:Ok.Here you are.Is that all right now?
好的。给你。现在可以了吗?
A:Yes,that's fine.I hope you enjoyed your stay in Boston?
是的,可以了。希望你在波士顿玩得开心?
B:Yes,I did.I had a fine time.
是的。我是。我玩得很开心。