16.contrast and concession对比和让步
1)typical expressions
经典英语句型
although i like him,he doesn't like me.
尽管我喜欢他,可他不喜欢我。
he went to work,although he still had a temperature.
他上班去了,尽管还在发烧。
my classmates visited the farm,although it was raining hard.
尽管下着很大的雨,我的同学们还是参观农场了。
although i told him thousands of times,he forgot it again.
尽管我告诉过他上千次,他还是忘记了。
whatever you told him,he said"no".
无论你说什么,他都说“不”。
whenever you come,you're welcome.
无论你什么时候来,都欢迎。
wherever you go,remember to make telephone calls back.
无论你到哪里,别忘记给家里打电话。
i wanted to stay,however,my parents insisted on leaving.
我想留下,可我父母坚持要走。
no matter what you do,do it as well as possible.
不管你做什么,都要尽可能做好。
no matter where you go,i'll follow you.
不管你走到哪里,我都跟着你。
no matter to whom you speak,you must speak slowly and clearly.
不管你同谁讲话,都应该讲得又慢又清楚。
no matter how we persuaded,they wouldn't listen to us.
不管我们怎么劝说,他们就是不听。
i'm active,while my sister is quite quiet.
我很活泼,可我妹妹却很文静。
he said yes,but he did something different.
他嘴上同意,做的却是另外一套。
you like sports,while your brother would rather read.
你喜欢运动,而你的弟弟却偏爱看书。
betty was lively and talktive,while her sister was quiet and reserved.
贝蒂很活泼、健谈,而她的妹妹却沉静而含蓄。
while i listened to you,i didn't catch what you meant.
虽然我在听,可我没听懂。
the family moved into the new house despite of the wet paint.
那家人不顾油漆未干就搬进新居。
in spite of the thunderstorm,they went to look for the lost baby.
他们不顾雷雨,仍然去寻找那个走失的孩子。
i always enjoy the music even if there is a loud nois
即使很少,我也能尽情地欣赏音乐。
dialogue 1
英语对话1
a:where's helen's book?
海伦的书在哪儿?
b:she forgot again,although i told her a thousand times.
我告诉她一千次了,她还是忘了。
a:ask her to come to see me.
让她来见我。
b:whatever i said,she replied with yes,but she did in the different way.
不管我说什么,她总是回答“是”,可做起来又是另外一套。
dialogue 2
英语对话2
a:how's the kid?
孩子怎么样?
b:he's fine,although there's a little temperature.
他还好,就是有点发烧。
a:keep him in the house,no matter what he says.
无论他说什么,要让他呆在家里。
b:ok.
好的。