Jodi is learning how to ski
乔迪在学习滑雪.
Jodi:I know I’m going to bite the dust going down thishill.I had a brush with death on the chair lift! This is going to be so embarrassing.
乔迪:我知道我滑到山下会摔得爬不起来.我乘坐升降椅时差 点儿摔死.这下滑雪又要出洋相了.
Nancy: Don’t worry. Everyone knows you’re getting your feet wet. I'll show you how. I bet you’ll get the hang of this within five minutes.
南茜:别怕.大家都知道你是头一次滑雪.我来教你怎么滑. 我敢肯定你用五分钟就能掌握要领.
Jodi:This is only your second time skiing. This is definitely a case of the blind leading the blind.
乔迪:你也只不过是第二次滑雪.这可真是盲人给瞎了?引路了 .
Nancy: Relax. I can hold my own. Now, point your skis toward the bottom of the hill. Easy does it!
南茜:放松点儿.我已很拿手了 脚下.小心别慌!注意.把你的滑雪板对着山
Jodi:I don’t think I can get up enough nerve to do this.
乔迪:我觉得我还是不敢往下滑
Nancy:Here. I’ll just give you a little push ...
南茜:行了,我来轻轻推你一下??
Jodi:No!!!!!!!!!
乔迪:不! ! !
(Later at the bottom of the hill...)
(后来在山脚下……)
Nancy: There. Now,wasn’t that fun? As soon as you get your second wind, we’ll try it again.
南茜:瞧,那不是玩得很开心吗?等你缓过劲来,我们再试试.
Jodi:Don’thold your breath!
乔迪:你别指望了!