Item 218
命令用语
Naff off!
滚开!走开!
A: Naff off! Leave me to get on my work.
走开!让我干我的活儿。
B: But I can help you.
但是我可以帮助你。
A: No, thanks.
不了,谢谢。
Item 219
鼓励用语
Name it.
说吧!尽管说吧!
A: Whatever you like, name it, and you got it.
不管你喜欢什么,只要你说出来,就可以得到。
B: You must be joking! I don't believe!
你一定在说笑!我不相信!
A:I mean if you really want something, you can get it in your mind no matter what it is.
我的意思是,如果你真想要某个东西,不管它是什么,通过想像,你一定能得到它。
Item 220
指令用语
Next, please!
请下一个!
A: Next, please!
请下一个!
B: Miss, I have been waiting here for one hour, when is my turn?
小姐,我已经等了1小时了,什么时候轮到我?
A: Sorry, 15 minutes later, I'm afraid.
对不起,恐怕15分钟以后。
Item 221
委婉拒绝用语
Next time.
下次吧。
A: When will you come?
你什么时候会再来?
B: Next time.
下次吧!
A: Next time is what time?
下次是什么时候?
B: I'll call you before I come.
我来之前会打电话给你。
Item 222
赞美用语
Nice going.
做得好。
A: Mom, we won the second place. Look at the silver medal. It's so bright!
妈妈,我们获得第二名。看这块银牌,多么亮啊!
B: Nice going, boys. I'm proud of you.
做得好,孩子们。我为你们感到骄傲。
Item 223
询问用语
No bull?
没吹牛吧?(注意:带有不太相信和好奇的语气。)
A: We scored six goals.
我们进了6个球。
B: I don't believe it.
我不信。
A: And I scored three of them.
我就踢进了3个。
B: No bull?
没吹牛吧?
Item 224
拒绝用语
No comment!
无可奉告!
A: Mr. White, may I have your opinion about the attack to Iraq?
怀特先生,您能说一下对于攻打伊拉克的看法吗?
B: No comment!
无可奉告。
Item 225
表态用语
No dice!
不行了!
A: Keep it up! Don't stop now!
坚持下去!别停下来!
B: No dice! I run out of my energy.
不行了,我没力气了。
A: The ending line is under your nose.
终点线就在你跟前了。
Item 226
回答用语
No joy!
没戏!
A: So how was your driving exam?
那么你的驾驶考试怎么样了?
B: No joy!
没戏!
A: Why ? Your have done well.
为什么?你做得很好啊!
Item 227
肯定用语
No kidding.
说真的!
A: Separation? Are you kidding?
分居?你在开玩笑吧?
B: No kidding.
没有开玩笑。
A: What are you talking about? I don't see why.
你在胡扯些什么?我不知道什么原因。
Item 228
轻微拒绝用语
No need.
不必了,不需要。
A: Should we call John up and invite him?
我们是不是该拜访一下约翰并顺便邀请他?
B: No need. He went to the movies tonight.
不必了。他今天晚上去看电影。
Item 229
答应用语
No problem.
没问题。
A: Could you finish this painting tomorrow?
你明天可不可以完成这幅画?
B: No problem.
没问题。
A: Thank you so much. You do me a big favor.
真是太谢谢你了。你帮了我的大忙。
Item 230
拒绝用语
No soap.
不可能,不行。
A: Can you lend me $20.00?
你能借我20美元吗?
B: No soap.
不行。
A: Why? I am your brother.
为什么?我可是你的兄弟。
B: You never gave me back anything you have borrowed.
你从来没有还给我你借我的任何东西。