Item 231
评论用语
No wonder!
怪不得!
A:I wonder why the tiger in the circus troupe will never hurt anyone.
我想知道为什么马戏团里的老虎从来不伤害人呢?
B: The tiger just is a man covered by a tiger skin.
那只老虎只不过是一个披着老虎皮的人罢了。
A: No wonder!
怪不得。
Item 232
拒绝用语
No way.
休想。做梦。不可能。
A: Let's have pizza for lunch.
我们中午去吃比萨饼。
B: No way! I hate pizza.
才不要呢!我讨厌比萨饼。
A:I will never understand why you hate so delicious food.
我永远不明白你怎么会讨厌这么美味的食物。
Item 233
回答用语
Nobody knows.
没有人知道。
A: Who took your book?
谁拿了你的书?
B: Nobody knows.
没人知道。
A: But you were here all the time.
但是你一直在这儿啊。
B: No, I was out for lunch just now.
不,我刚才出去吃午饭了。
Item 234
惊奇用语
Not again.
不会吧!
A: We've been cheated.
我们被骗了。
B: Not again!
不会吧!
A: The young lady hasn't graduated from school, let alone she married.
那个年轻的女孩还没有毕业,更不要说结婚了。
B: Oh, don't you think she was a little strange?
哦,你不觉得她有一点奇怪吗?
Item 235
评价用语
Not bad.
还不错,还不赖。
A: How is school?
近来功课如何?
B: Not bad.
还不错。
A: But your teacher visited me yesterday. He said…
但是你的老师昨天找过我了。他说……
B: Oh, Dad, stop. I am so sorry.
哦,爸爸,别说了。非常抱歉。
Item 236
肯定用语
Not half!
当然了!一点儿也不错!
A: Janet, will you sleep with me tonight?
珍妮特,你今晚愿意跟我睡吗?
B: Nor half!
当然了!
Item 237
否定用语
Not much!
哪里的话!当然不对!
A: He doesn't want to cheat you.
他不是想骗你。
B: Not much(He doesn't)!
他当然是想骗我。
A: No! He has been to your dormitory to explain, but you didn't give him the chance.
不是的,他曾经去你的宿舍想解释,但是你没有给他机会。
Item 238
回答用语
Not yet!
还没!
A: Have you finished the work?
你做完了么?
B: Not yet! When do you plan to go to Korea?
还没!你打算什么时候去韩国?
A: I won't go there until your work is over.
直到你的工作结束。
B: How nice of you! Thank you.
你真好!谢谢。
Item 239
回答用语
Nothing much.
还是老样子。
A: Good heavens…Mike! I haven't seen you for ages.
天哪……迈克!好久不见了。
B: No, I've been away for the past two months. Good to see you again, Alan. How are you keeping?
是啊!前两个月我出门了。真高兴见到你,艾伦。你最近怎么样?
A: Nothing much. How about you recently?
还是老样子。你最近怎么样?
Item 240
讽刺用语
Nothing serious.
没什么大不了的。
A: Honey, I met Lily today, my formal classmate, you know.
亲爱的,我今天遇见莉莉了,我以前的同学,你知道的。
B: Did you really?
是吗?
A: She told me that she and her husband were thinking about buying a house near the beach.
她说她和她老公正考虑在海边买一栋房子。
B: Nothing serious.
没什么大不了的。