Item 270
感叹用语
So cute!
可爱死了!
A: Is he your child?
他是你的小孩子吗?
B: Yes, I forget you haven't met him before.
是的,我忘了你以前没有见过他。
A: So cute! You are so happy!
可爱死了!你真幸福!
Item 271
回答用语
So so.
还好;马马虎虎。
1.A:What kind of film do you like? How about Western?
你喜欢什么类型的电影?西部片怎么样?
B:I don't. I'm really not so interested in that sort of movie.
我不喜欢,我对那种影片真的不感兴趣。
A: Are you keen on action movies?
你喜欢动作片吗?
B: So so.
还好。
2.A:How's everything?
一切如何?
B: Well, so so.
马马虎虎。
Item 272
询问用语
So what?
那又怎么样?(注意:带有不屑一顾和抱怨的语气。)
A: Do you know there is a new restaurant down the street?
你知道街上新开了一家餐厅吗?
B: Of course. So what?
当然了。那又怎样?
A: Don't you want to go and have a meal?
你难道不想去那儿吃一顿吗?
B: It doesn't matter to me.
对我来说无所谓。
Item 273
咒骂用语
Sod it!
混蛋!该死!
A: Sod it! I've misses my train!
该死!我误了火车!
B: You can take the next. It isn't too late.
你还可以坐下一列,还不算晚。
Item 274
咒骂用语
Sod you!
你真该死!
A: Sod you! Why don't you go to hell?
你真该死!你为什么不去死?
B: It's a damn shame. I forget how to go to the hell.
真是太遗憾了!我忘了去地狱怎么走了。
Item 275
命令用语
Speak up!
大声点!
A: Sorry, Mom. I broke the window.
妈妈,对不起。我把窗户打碎了。
B: Speak up! I can't hear you.
大声点儿!我听不见。
A: I broke the window when I played football, but I'm not attempt to do so.
我踢足球的时候把窗户打碎了,但是我不是故意的。
B: Oh, don't be nervous. Never mind about that.
哦,不用紧张。这没关系。
Item 276
惊讶用语
Stone me!
啊!哎哟!(注意:表示惊讶的说法,较旧的说法。)
A: I lost my bag.
我的包丢了。
B: Stone me! Don't tell me that.
啊!怎么会呢?
A: I put it on the corner while I was trying on a sweater in the fitting room. When I was back, it was gone.
我在试衣间试衣服时把它放在柜台上,回来时就没有了。
B: I'm sorry.
太糟糕了。
Item 277
请求用语
Stop sulking!
息怒吧!
A: You lied to me! I saw you go to bar with a girl.
你对我撒谎!我看到你跟一个女孩去酒吧了。
B: Stop sulking! That's my sister.
息怒!那是我妹妹。
A: How many cousins do you have? Why didn't you introduce her to me?
你有多少个表妹?为什么不把她介绍给我呢?
B:I didn't see you. Let alone you didn't shout me.
我没有看见你,何况你也没有喊我。
Item 278
咒骂用语
Stuff it!
让它见鬼去吧!
A: Have you heard the announcement made recently by the President?
你听说总统新近做出的通告了吗?
B: Stuff it! I'd say he was damned fool to talk like that.
让它见鬼去吧!我得说他那么说简直像个傻瓜!
A: Do you think so?
你这么想吗?
Item 279
回答用语
Suit yourself.
随便你。
A: Can I sweeten my coffee?
我可以在咖啡里加些糖吗?
B: Suit yourself.
随便你。
Item 280
赞美用语
Sweet yummy!
真够味!
A: Oh, my god! Look the naked girl on the cake!
哦,我的天啊!看蛋糕上的那个裸体女孩。
B: Sweet yummy!
真够味!
A: Right! I even don't know how to eat the cake.
是的!我都不知道该怎么吃这块蛋糕了。