Item 294
炫耀用语
Watch me!
看我的!
A: Here comes Jack. I don't believe you can beat him up.
杰克来了,我不相信你能打倒他。
B: Watch me!
瞧我的!
Item 295
宽慰用语
We'll see.
再看看吧!
Daughter: Mom, I want to go the prince's party.
妈妈,我想要去王子的舞会。
Mom: Oh, just look yourself. Do you think you can catch the prince's eyes?
哦,看看你自己吧。你觉得你能吸引王子的目光吗?
Daughter: I want to be Cinderella too!
我也想要变成灰姑娘。
Mom: We'll see.
再看看吧。
Item 296
询问用语
What else?
还有啥?
A: Listen! No driving without a license. No drugs. No gambling.
听着!不能无照驾驶,不能吸毒,不能赌博。
B: What else?
还有啥?
Item 297
问候用语
What's up?
近来可好?
A: Dan, good to see you again!
丹,很高兴又见到你。
B: It's good to see you, too!
我也很高兴见到你!
A: What's up?
近来好吗?
B: Quite well. Thank you.
还好,谢谢你。
Item 298
讽刺用语
Who cares?
谁在乎呢?
A: Please lend me your car. I need to pick up my girlfriend tonight.
请借给我你的车用一下,我今天晚上要去接我女朋友。
B: Who cares? I need it myself.
谁管你呢?我自己要用。
A: Please! Don't let me lose face.
求你了!不要让我丢脸。
Item 299
意见用语
Who else?
除了他还会有谁?
A: Who did this?
谁干的?
B: John! Who else?
约翰!除了他还会有谁?
A: But he isn't here today.
但是他今天不在这儿。
Item 300
抱怨不满用语
Who knows?
天晓得!
A: Who did it?
谁干的?
B: Who knows?
谁知道呢!
A: Didn't you see?
你没看见吗?
B: Why not ask yourself?
为什么不问问你自己?
Item 301
客气用语
Why bother?
为何那么麻烦?
A: You are welcome anytime. Can I drive you home?
欢迎随时光临,我可以送你回家吗?
B: Why brother? The train is just up the street. It won't take me long at all. Bye!
为何那么麻烦?地铁就在街那边,不用多长时间,再见。
A: Good bye!
再见!
Item 302
抱怨用语
Why me?
为什么是我?(注意:当倒霉事老降临到你头上,你就可以抬头问问老天“Why me?”)
A: Leo, go and get us some more 7-up.
利奥,去帮我们再买几瓶七喜汽水。
B: Why me? I'm not the only one drinking.
为什么是我?又不是只有我一个人喝。
A: Don't you see we are all busy with playing basketball except you?
你没有看见我们都在忙着打篮球吗?除了你。
Item 303
疑问用语
Why so?
为何如此?
A: Why so?
怎么会这样呢?
B: What happens?
怎么了?
A: Do you know who's just got married? Old MacDonald.
你知道谁刚结婚了吗?老麦克唐纳。
B: Never! He's over eighty, isn't he?
不会的。他已经80多岁了,不是吗?
A: He's nearly ninety.
将近90岁了。
Item 304
回答用语
With pleasure.
很荣幸;很乐意。
A: Anne, could you possibly get me some aspirins? I've got a headache.
安妮,你可不可以帮我买些阿斯匹林?我有点头痛。
B:OK, sure.
好的,当然可以。
A: Thanks a lot.
多谢了。
B: With pleasure.
很乐意。