Learn English free online - how to pronounce word in English - English Learning Online- www.pronounceword.com

BBC日常英语习惯用语:tastic(MP3)

tastic
Finn: Welcome to the slang-tastic programme, The English We Speak.
欢迎收听我们“特棒的”俚语英语节目——“日常英语”。
Wang Fei: Hello I'm Wang Fei.
大家好!我是Wang Fei。
Finn: This is our word-tastic programme where you learn the latest English-tastic phrases.
你正在收听的是“单词特棒”的英语节目,在这儿你可以学到最新的“特棒的”英语表达。
Wang Fei: Yes… erm…
没错。 呃……
Finn: We hope you have a learning-tastic time with us today…
希望你今天跟着我们可以度过一个“特棒的”学习时间。
Wang Fei: Finn, sorry for interrupting you, but why do you keep adding 'tastic' to all these words? Fin,
不好意思打断一下。你为什么总在单词后面加上“tastic”(特棒;好极了)呢?
Finn: Sorry Wang Fei, I should have said tastic is our new word, or should I say, new suffix, for the day.
对不起,Wang Fei,我应该提前说明一下的,Tastic是我们今天要学的一个后缀。
Wang Fei: A suffix is something you add onto the end of another word to change the meaning.
后缀是指在单词的词尾加上某个字母或字母组合以此来改变词义。
Finn: That's right.
没错。
Wang Fei: So when we add tastic, what does that mean?
那,这个tastic是什么意思呢?
Finn: Well, it's kind of related to the word fantastic. When you add tastic to a word, for example slang, it means 'fantastic in terms of slang'. So English-tastic means 'fantastic in terms of English'.
哦,这个词实际上跟fantastic有关。 当我们在slang的后面加上tastic时,意为就slang这方面来,非常不错。 如果在english 后面加上这个后缀,那我们就是在说,英语非常不错。
Wang Fei: And learning-tastic means fantastic in terms of learning?
那当我们在learning后加上tastic时,意思是“学习很不错”咯?
Finn: It does, absolutely. Let's hear a couple more examples.
就是这个意思。 让我们来听几个例子:
• A: Did you hear Britney's new song?
你听过布兰妮的新歌没?
• B: Yes. It's pop-tastic! I love it.
听过了!简直是流行乐中的极品。我超爱!
• A: Did you have a good time yesterday?
昨天过的还好吧?
• B: It was so much fun. Fun-tastic! Ha ha.
昨天玩得很开心! 超级快乐! 哈哈。
Wang Fei: Wow, very good examples. So can I say example-tastic?
哇,这些例子都挺好的。在这儿,我可以说“例子——一级棒”吗?
Finn: Example-tastic, you can! Now, this way of making new words is very informal – it comes from pop culture – so you probably wouldn't see it in a business letter.
你当让可以这样用! 说一下,这种造词方法非常不正式,因为它来自流行文化。因此,你也许很少在商业书信中见到它。
Wang Fei: So, it's not business-tastic?!
也就是说,它在生意场上并不是那么受欢迎咯?
Finn: It's not business-tastic. Not really, unless you work in an industry like fashion or pop music. Anyway, I think it's time to tell our listeners about our website.
对,在生意方面,这个词不是那么热。 其实也不是,你要是从事时装和流行乐行业的话,(也是有可能用到这个词的)。 不管这么说,应该是时候把网址告诉给我们的听众了。
Wang Fei: Yes, and our web-tastic site is ! You can learn English for free, and even download programmes to your mp3 player.
我们超级棒的网站地址是. 在那儿,你可以免费学英语,还可以把学习资料下载到你的MP3播放器。
Finn: Yes, it's download-tastic! Time to go, now. Bye!
是的,就下载来说,我们网站是好得没话说的。 是时候结束节目了。拜!
Wang Fei: Bye!
再见!