Loved Up
Finn: Welcome to The English We Speak. I'm Finn.
欢迎收听“日常英语”,我是Finn。
Li: (Very happy) And I'm Yang Li…
(非常开心)我是Yang Li…
Finn: How are you today, Li?
Li ,今天过得怎么样?
Li:(Dreamy, romantic voice) Oh fantastic. Just great. Amazing…
(用迷醉的声音说道):嗯,很好啊,呵呵,很好,很不错 !
Finn: Really? Great… ok. Are you ready to start the programme?
是吗? 太好了。 准备好开始录节目了吗?
Li: (Dreamy, romantic voice) Any time… Isn't life wonderful?
(再次用迷迷糊糊,陶醉的声音): 随时都可以啊。 生活真美好,不是吗?
Finn: Are you sure you're alright?
你确定你没事吗?
Li: Perfect. He's lovely, isn't he? He's perfect!
太完美了,他很讨人喜欢,不是吗?很完美的一个男人。
Finn: Oh, I see! You're talking about your new boyfriend. You're so loved up right now, Li!
哦, 原来你是在说你的新男友呀。 你现在是完全陷入恋爱当中了,Li。
Li: But he has the most beautiful eyes and smile. And when he dances…
他有着世界上最漂亮的眼睛和微笑, 特别是当他跳舞的时候……
Finn: Li! (To audience) Well, I think Li is completely loved up - which is our phrase for the day. When you're loved up, it means you are really happy because you're in love.
Li !(对听众说)唉,Li现在被爱情迷昏头啦。 哦,这也就是我们今天要学的词组 “love up”。 这个词的意思是爱得很投入,并且因为恋爱而非常开心。
Li: He dances like a dream, especially salsa…
他跳起舞来向个梦幻天使一样,特备是当他跳萨尔萨舞的时候。
Finn: You know, I think I'm going to have to present the rest of this programme on my own. As you can see, when you're loved up, sometimes you don't pay a lot of attention to things around you.
看来,剩下的节目, 我得一个人做啦。 看到了吧,当你陷入爱河时, 你根本不怎么注意你周围的人事。
• She's so loved up at the moment. She even forgets to eat lunch.
她现在爱得水深火热的,连午饭都忘了吃。
Finn: It can also be used to describe a couple who are very much in love, and who openly show their affection in public.
同时,这个词组也可以用来形容一对非常恩爱的夫妻, 他们不会忌讳在公众场合秀恩爱。
• They're always together; holding hands, laughing. They seem so happy. They're really loved up!
他们总是在一块,手牵着手,笑着。 他们看起来很恩爱,很快乐。
Finn: Li, Li… Li, how long have you been in love? Hello?!
Li, Li, 你恋爱多久啦? 嘿 !
Li: Ooh, I'm going salsa dancing tonight with him, and I can't wait. Oh, he's so gorgeous. Don't you think, Finn?
哦, 今晚我会和他去跳萨尔萨舞,都等不及了。 他真是太迷人了,你难道不觉得吗,Finn?
Finn: Yes, sure, he's so gorgeous. Anyway, I'm getting a bit lonely here. Maybe I should take up salsa dancing too? Ok, bye for now everyone! Li, time to say goodbye.
嗯,他当然迷人啦。 但是,这让我觉得孤单了。 也许,我也应该去跳萨尔萨舞。 好了,节目该结束了,再见了各位。 Li, 够钟说再见了。
Li: Oh yeah, goodbye, bye, bye!
哦,是啊,拜拜 !