Learn English free online - how to pronounce word in English - English Learning Online- www.pronounceword.com

BBC日常英语习惯用语:savvy(MP3)

Savvy


William: Hello and welcome to the English We Speak, I'm William Kremer.
大家好,欢迎来到“日常英语”。我是William Kremer。
Wang Fei: And I'm Wang Fei. William I hope we finish recording quickly today. William: Oh, why's that?
我是Wang Fei. William, 我希望咱们今天可以快点把节目录完。 嗯?为什么?
Wang Fei: I need to get to the bank before it closes.
我得在银行关门之前赶过去。
William: Oh I see.
了解。
Wang Fei: Yes, just need to move some money around. I've got to move some money into a high interest account and transfer some into my investment account...
我想把一些钱转到另外的账户。 一些钱存进利息较高的账户,而另外一些转进我的投资账户。
William: Look at you Wang Fei. High-interest accounts and investment accounts. You really are quite money-savvy aren't you?
啧啧,瞧瞧你Wang Fei, 什么高利率账户啦,投资账户啦,还真是个Money savvy的家伙。
Wang Fei: Money what?
Money 什么?
William: Money-savvy.
Money-savvy.
Wang Fei: Money-savvy?
Money-savvy?
William: Yeah. It means you're good with money. You know what you're doing with it, how to invest it, that kind of thing.
嗯,看起来你挺有经济头脑的。 你知道自己该怎么用,怎样投资,诸如此类的。
Wang Fei: Well, I guess I am. I do look after my money.
嗯,你算是说对了, 我对自己的收入确实是有计划的。
William: I wish I was a bit more money-savvy like you! But I am quite good with technology. You know, you wouldn't need to rush to the bank if you tried online banking.
我真希望我可以像你这样,稍微有点经济头脑。 但是,我擅长技术, 你知道的,假如你懂得网银,你就不会不辞辛劳地往银行跑了。
Wang Fei: Online banking? Not for me. I just don't really trust it.
网上银行? 不适合我。我可不相信这类东西。
William: Maybe you should try it.
也许你该试试。
Wang Fei: No, I just don't feel safe doing that. I'm not very... can I say... technologically savvy?
不可能。我总觉得网上交易不安全。高科技的东西,我不是很……在行。
William: Yes, you can say technologically savvy or just tech-savvy. Or you might say that you're not very web-savvy, as we're talking about the web, the internet.
嗯,这个词你用对了,你还可以说,“tech-savvy ”。 因为我们聊的是互联网,所以你也可以说,“对网络不是很在行。”
• I wouldn't recommend you go down that street after dark. It's just not safe. And you're not very street-savvy to be honest with you.
我不赞成你晚上上条街,不安全。 老实说,你对街道也不是很熟悉。
• A: So what do you think of the new flower shop?
你觉得新开的花店怎么样?
B: It's in a good location, and the owner is really business-savvy. I'm sure it'll be a great success.
地理位置很不错,店主很有生意头脑。 我敢肯定,生意一定会很好。
Wang Fei: Money-savvy, tech-savvy...
有经济头脑,懂技术……
William: And business-savvy. You can be savvy about a lot of things. So are you going to go to the bank in the end?
还有“有生意头脑”。 你可以对很多东西都变得在行。 哦,节目结束后,你会去银行对吗?
Wang Fei: No I think I'll sign up for an online account. Give it a go.
不了, 我会注册一个网上银行。还是试一试吧。
William: And I might buy those stocks that you were suggesting.
我也可能去买你建议我买的那几支股票。
Wang Fei: Great. And let's hope all our listeners are a bit more slang-savvy after this program.
很好。 希望通过我们的节目听众可以对英语俗语变得更在行。
William: Bye for now.
到此为止吧。
Wang Fei: Bye.
再会。

save money bit by bit