Learn English free online - how to pronounce word in English - English Learning Online- www.pronounceword.com

BBC日常英语习惯用语:Smoothie(MP3)

Smoothie
Neil: Hello and welcome to The English We Speak, I'm Neil.
欢迎收听地道英语!我是Neil。
Li: And I'm Li.
我是Li。
Neil what are you drinking? Whatever it is, it sounds very refreshing.
Neil你在喝什么? 喝的东西听起来好像很清凉提神呀。
Neil: Ah yes it is, Li. It's so fruity and refreshing.
啊,你说得没错,Li。 带果味,并且很爽口。
Li: What kind of juice is it?
是什么果汁呢?
Neil: Oh it's not juice, it's a smoothie. Li: A smoothie?
哦,不是果汁,是smoothie。 A smoothie?
Neil: Yeah, a smoothie. The fruit is blended rather than squeezed.
是呀,smoothie(冰沙,思慕雪或鲜果奶昔)! 水果被(搅碎)混合在一块了而不是压榨(成果汁)。
Li: Oh I see. A smoothie is a fruit drink made from blended fruit rather than squeezed fruit.
哦,我明白了。 smoothie是一种水果混合饮料而不是榨果汁。
Neil: And it sometimes has ice, ice cream or yoghurt in it too. Here you go, Try it Li.
有时候,里面也会有冰,冰淇淋或者酸奶。 Li,给你!尝一下!
Li: Oh thank you. Oh it's delicious.
哦,谢谢! 哦,太好喝了!
Neil: How would you describe the texture?
你觉得口感怎么样?
Li: Well, it's very thick and… smooth.
呃,很浓并且很……滑。
Neil: Exactly. And that's where the name comes from.
没错!这就是它名字的由来。
Li: It's called a smoothie because its texture is smooth.
因为口感很滑,所以被叫做smoothie(鲜果冰沙)。
A: Right, who wants a drink? I fancy a cup of coffee.
嗯,谁想喝饮料? 我想喝杯咖啡。
B: Yeah but it's way too hot for coffee. Can I have one of those smoothies?
可以,但是这种天气喝咖啡太热了。 我可以来一杯鲜果冰沙吗?
A: Oh that's an idea. I think I'll have one too, if I have enough money.
哦,这主意不错! 如果我有足够的钱,也想来一杯。
Neil: Well, it's all gone now.
嗯,喝光了!
Li: Oh that's a shame.
真可惜!
Neil: Yes… No more smoothie... Shame…
是呀,没有冰沙了……可惜!
Li: Oh well.
哦,呵。
Neil: (Pause) Li, have you had your hair done recently? It really suits you.
(停了一下)Li,你最近剪头发了吗? 很适合你呀。
Li: Oh thanks, Neil.
哦,谢谢你Neil。
Neil: No…no, really…really.It suits your face. Actually, you're looking great at the moment. I like that outfit.
不用不用,真的,真的啦。跟你的脸很搭。 实际上,你现在看起来漂亮极了。 我喜欢你的打扮!
Li: Oh Neil…
哦,Neil!
Neil: I'd really love another smoothie, but I've just run out of money.
我真的很想再喝一杯冰沙,但是我没钱了!
Li: Don't worry, I'll get you one.
没事,我给你买一杯!
Neil: Oh thanks! I can be such a smoothie sometimes…
哦,谢谢你! (悄声说)我有时候真的很擅长讨好人……
Li: Yes you can… Smoothie is not just a word for a drink.
是呀,你确实是…… Smoothie并不仅仅用在饮料上。
Neil: That's right. It's also an adjective describing a man who can persuade people to do things for him by being charming.
没错啦。 它同时也可以用来形容一个靠魅力说服别人做某事的男人。
Li: I wondered why he was paying me so many compliments.
(暗暗地)奇怪了,他干嘛对我说这么多好听的话!
Neil: A smoothie for the smoothie, please Li.
一句好话换一杯冰沙,拜托了,Li。
Li: OK, OK…
好好,我给你买!