Don't get me wrong!
Li: Hello I'm Li!And joining me today is Neil - hello Neil! (miaow) Neil: Hello! (miaow) Li: Is that a cat in the basket you're holding?
你好,我是Li。今天和我一起主持的时Neil——你好,Neil。 猫咪声音。 你好! 猫叫的声音。 你拿的篮子里是不是有一只猫?
Neil: It's my adorable cat, Spencer.
嗯,是我那可爱的猫猫,Spencer。
Li: Oh Spencer, can I see him?
哦,Spencer,我可以见一下它吗?
Neil: Of course...
当然啦。
(basket opening)
打开篮子的声音。
Li: Ahhhh-urgh! Neil: What do you mean, urgh?
(发出恶心的声音) ‘呃’?你什么意思?
Li: That's not a cat, it's a kind of frog-chicken!
那可不是什么猫啊,看起来像青蛙。
(offended miaow)
生气的喵喵声。
Li: It doesn't have any fur!
它都没有毛啊。
Neil: Spencer certainly is a cat. He's a sphinx cat; they don't have any fur. You don't like him do you?
当然是一只猫。 它是史芬克斯猫,本来就没有猫啊。 你不喜欢它,对吧?
Li: No, no, no, don't get me wrong. He's just a bit - surprising! Cat: Miaow?!
不是,不是,别误会! 我只是觉得它有点让人吃惊。 生气/疑惑的猫叫声。
Li: Don't get me wrong - that's an expression you use when you're worried someone might not understand what you say or be upset by it. So when I said Neil's cat looked like a frog-chicken, I didn't mean that I didn't like him; I just meant he was... a bit unusual. Here are some more examples:
Don’t get me wrong——当你担心某人不明白你说的话或是对你说的话感到生气时,就用这个短语。 当我说Neil的猫看起来像一只青蛙的时候,我并没有逃呀它的意思,我只是想说,它看起来有点特别。 再来看更多地例子。
Don't get me wrong, I do like James, I just think he can be a bit annoying sometimes.
别误会,我喜欢James,只是觉得他有时候有点烦人。
Don't get me wrong, I'd love to come to your party, but I'm busy tonight.
别去曲解我的意思,我非常乐意参加你的派对,只是我今晚有点忙啊。
That coat is very bright - but don't get me wrong, I still think you should wear it.
外套有点鲜艳,但是,别误会我的意思,我依然觉得你应该穿。
Neil: Well, I think Spencer is a beautiful cat.
呃,我觉得Spencer是只漂亮的猫。
(miaow of agreement)
赞同的喵喵声。
Neil: And, don't get me wrong, but you don't know much about cats do you?
还有,你别误会我哦,你并不是很了解猫吧?
Li: Yes I do! I have a Norwegian forest cat. And she's very beautiful with lots of fur! But Spencer is... very strange.
才不是,我了解的。 我有一只挪威森林猫。 非常漂亮,长满了毛的。 但是, Spencer……就太奇怪了。
(angry miaow)
生气的喵喵声。
Li: A kind of gremlin.
有点像个淘气的小鬼头!
(angry hiss)
生气的咝咝声。
Li: And not very friendly.
并且很不友好!
(crazed miaow of anger as Spencer throws himself on Li)
极其生气的喵喵声,Spencer朝Li扑了过去。
Cat: Miaow, don't get me wrong, I am only being friendly!
喵!别误会我。我很有好的!
Li: That is a lie. Get off me, you vicious gremlin! Get off! Get off!
骗人的! 走开!你这个邪恶的小鬼! 走开! 走开!走开!