Learn English free online - how to pronounce word in English - English Learning Online- www.pronounceword.com

状语从句-李阳疯狂英语突破语法第15章

4、让步状语从句

175.A:How was the weather in Beijing?;
北京的天气怎么样?

B:It was not very cold although it was snowing.;
虽然在下雪,天气不怎么 冷。

176.A:Though he was very tired, he did not give up.;
虽然他很累,他还是没有 放弃。

B:I really admire his determination.;
我真羡慕他的决心。

177.A:I'll keep my business going even if I have to sell my house.;
我就算要卖了房子,也要 把生意继续下去。

B:Then you'd better look for a new wife!;
那你最好去找个新老婆!

178.A: I'm going whether you like it or not.;
不管你是否喜欢,我都要 去。

B:Your threats don't scare me.;
你的威胁吓唬不了我。

5、原因状语从句;

179.A:I didn't go because it rained. B: Haven't you ever heard of an umbrella?;
因为下雨,所以我没去。 难道你没有听说过有伞这 回事吗?

180.A:As you are evidently very busy, I will not waste your time.;
既然你显然很忙,我还是 不浪费你的时间了。

B:Thank you for noticing. I'll talk to you when you I have a chance.;
谢谢你这么有心。我有时 间就找你谈话。

181.A:Since you are going, I will go too.;
既然你要去,我也去。

B:I guess I don't have to bother to invite you then.;
我想我就不用费心请你了

182.A:Now that you have finished your work, you may go.;
你完成了工作,你可以走 了。

B: Thank goodness for that!;
谢天谢地!

A:Hi, Mary! Did you have a good day today? B:No, I didn't.I had a TERRIBLE day.;
嗨,玛丽!你今天过得好 吗? 不好,今天太糟糕了。

A:What happened? B:I had a bad headache all afternoon.;
发生什么事? 我整个下午都头痛得厉害

A:Why did you have a bad headache? B:Because my boss shouted at me.;
你为什么会头痛得这么厉 害呢? 因为我的老板冲着我大喊

A:Why did your boss shout at you? B:Because I arrived late for work.;
你老板为什么要对你大喊 呢? 因为我上班迟到了。

A:Why did you arrive late for work? B:Because I had to walk to the office.;
你为什么会上班迟到呢? 因为我得走路上班。

A:Why did you have to walk to the office? B:Because I missed the bus.;
你为什么要走路上班呢? 因为我没赶上公共汽车。

A:Why did you miss the bus? B:Because I got up late today.;
你为什么没赶上公共汽车 呢? 因为我今天起来晚了。

A:Why did you get up late? B:Because I went to a party last night.;
你为什么起来晚呢? 因为我昨晚去参加聚会了

A:Why did you stay so late if you knew you had to work the next day?;
你明知道第二天要上班为 什么还要那么晚才睡觉呢

B:Because I wanted to get away from the stress of the office;
因为我想逃避办公室的压 力,

and people who ask too many questions!;
还有那些问我太多问题的 人。