Learn English free online - how to pronounce word in English - English Learning Online- www.pronounceword.com

职场美语说礼节:上班穿袜子要注意(28)

(office ambience)

c:amy, 你干嘛老看我的脚啊?
a:i'm sorry. i just couldn't help noticing that you aren't wearing socks today.

c:天儿太热了,不穿袜子还凉快点儿。
a:personally, that might be all right, but professionally that's a bad decision.

c:为什么?我见过很多人上班都不穿袜子的。
a:however, at abc company, professional dress is important for our corporate image.

c:我上班穿西装,打领带,这还不够吗?
a:no. would you consider not wearing a shirt with your coat and tie?

c:我当然不会光着膀子穿西装打领带了。
a:then you shouldn't consider wearing your shoes without socks. if your boss mr. jones sees you, he will not be pleased.

c:那可坏了。我可我没带袜子。这怎么办呀?
a:avoid mr. jones at all cost. then buy some socks when you go out for lunch today. there's a department store right around the corner.

c:你说得对,我得先躲着点儿老板,中午吃饭的时候赶紧去商店买袜子穿上。i will see you later.

******

mc:午饭后,陈豪找到amy.

a:chen hao, did you find any socks?
c:我正准备穿上呢!天儿热,所以我买了两双白袜子,起码比深颜色的袜子凉快点儿。

a:oh dear.
c:怎么了?

a:white socks are inappropriate for corporate dress. they are more for athletic wear and outdoor attire.
c:啊?白袜子是跑步打球穿的,不是上班穿的。怎么这么多讲究呀!好在我还买了一双深色的。服务员一直向我推销高腰儿的,就是可以拉到小腿肚儿上来的那一种。我觉得太热,没买。

a:oh dear.
c:又怎么了?

a:you should have listened to the salesman. short socks just won't do in the business environment.
c:那为什么?

a:it's because when you sit down and cross your legs in short socks, you expose everyone around you to the sight of your hairy legs.
c:amy, 我从来没想到穿袜子还有这么多讲究。

a:your business attire is extremely important "right down to your socks".
c:这么说,我穿成什么样儿也会影响到公司形象了。看来我下班还得再去买袜子,amy,你陪我去吧,完了事儿我请你吃饭。

a:thank you. i'll look forward to that.
c:amy,你能不能再告诉我一下上班要穿什么样的袜子。这样我心里就有数了。

a:avoid white socks and short socks. the right sock in business is the one that covers your calf and matches your shoes and pants.