Learn English free online - how to pronounce word in English - English Learning Online- www.pronounceword.com

从没见过技术这么烂的小偷:VOA职场口语对话情感态度之担心与惊恐

Policeman:

What's the matter here?
这儿出什么事了?

Benjamin:

Somebody broke into my house in the morning.
今天早上有人闯进我家了。

Policeman:

When did you find out?
你什么时候发现的?

Benjamin:

About 12 o'clock, when I came home from work.
大约12点,当我下班回家的时候。

Policeman:

Apparently forced entry. The lock is battered to pieces.
很明显是强行入室。锁被砸烂了。

Benjamin:

I wonder how the burglar did it.
真不明白小偷怎么干的。

Policeman:

He is so unskillful. I have never seen such an awkward burglar.
他技术太烂了。我从没见过技术这么烂的小偷。

Benjamin:

That's because we have a strong lock.
那是因为我们有一把结实的锁。

Policeman:

Probably. Let's check the inside then.
也许吧。我们看看室内吧。

Benjamin:

Did you find anything?
你发现什么了吗?

Policeman:

Yes, the house was in a terrible mess. It was almost turned upside down by the burglar.
是的,这房里乱透了。它几乎被小偷翻了个底朝天。

Benjamin:

Oh, er…sorry that's because we didn't have time to clean it.
哦,嗯……不好意思那是因为我们没时间打扫。

Policeman:

You mean it is not created by the burglar?
你的意思这不是小偷干的?

Benjamin:

Definitely not, sir.
确实不是,警官。

对话讲解:

batter vt. 接连重击
There's someone battering at the door.
有人在用力敲门。
in a terrible mess 很乱
I'm afraid we have made a terrible mess in your room.
恐怕我们把你的房间搞得一团糟了。
definitely adv. 明确地; 确切地
I can't tell you definitely when I will come.
我不能肯定地告诉你我什么时候来。