A: Let me tell you something about the position we’re trying to fill. Masden is a young, growing software company. The person we hire would be getting in on the ground floor. He’d have an opportunity to advance as the company advances.
A:我现在和你谈一下我们招聘的这份工作 的性质。马斯登是一家年轻的、发展中 的软件公司。我们要聘请的人员要先从 基层干起,以后随着公司的发展将有提 升的机会。
B: Oh, I see.
B:噢,我明白了。
A: We need someone who can approach the bigger software chains and even the big retail stores that sell computers.
A:我们需要他能与较大的电脑软件连锁店 甚至大的电脑零售商联系。
B: It sounds like a challenging position.
B:看来这一职位极富挑战性。
A: Yes, It is. How do you feel about a position with a lot of airline travel involved? B: I’d like nothing better.
A:是的,这个职位需要经常乘飞机外出,你 觉得怎么样?
A: What experience do you have with computers?
B:再好不过了。
B: My father is in the advertising business, so I practically grew up with a computer.
A:你有什么操作电脑的经验吗?
A: Thafs great, because you can’t make a good sales presentation without knowing the ins and outs of computers. By the way, what about your sales experience?
B:我父亲是从事广告业务的,所以,可以说 我是与电脑一起长大的。
B: I’m only 23 years old. I graduated college six months ago.
A:这太好了。因为假如你不懂电脑的方方 面面的话,你就不能向他人推销介绍。 顺便问一下,你在销售方面有何经验?
A: I see. What have you been doing for the past 6 months?
B:我只有23周岁。我是6个月前大学毕 业的。
B: I’ve been selling automobiles for Mason Imports.
A:噢,是这样。这6个月你在干些什么?
A: Really! What did you study in college?
B:我在梅森进口公司卖汽车。
B: I majored in Marketing and I minored in Sociology.
A:真的!你在大学学什么?
A: Marketing, that’s what we need. So what got you into car sales?
B:我的专业是市场营销,其次主修社会学。
B: My father recommended it. He said the experience of making many sales presentations daily, plus the experience of closing deals would be invaluable for my career.
A:市场营销,我们正需要这方面的人。你 是怎么想到从事销售汽车这一行的?
A: Your father sounds like an intelligent man.
B:我父亲推荐的,他说每天做很多推销介 绍,再加上多次成交的经验,对我的事业 是相当有益的。
B: Thanks.
A:看来,你父亲是一位很有眼光的人。
A: So how are the sales going?
B:谢谢。
B: My boss, Mr. Tom says I have a natural talent for sales. I'm doing very well there.
A:那么你的销售情况如何?
A: So why are you interviewing for this position?
B:我的老板汤姆先生说我有销售的天賦。 我在那儿干得很不错。
B: This sounded like a position that better matched my qualifications.
A:那么你为什么来申请我公司的这一职位 呢?
A: Are you a self-starter?
B:我觉得这里的工作更适合我的才能。
B: Yes.
A:你是自愿来的吗?
A: If you are hired, you’ve got to get on the phone, make business calls, set up appointments, get on a plane, visit the client and sell him on our products.
B:是的。
B: What is the starting pay?
A:如果你被录取了,你要经常接电话,打电 话联系业务,定约,坐飞机,拜访客户,向 他们销售我们的产品。
A: We are offering $ 3,000 a month and all travel expenses, plus a five percent commission on all the orders you write.
B:起初的工资是多少?
B: That sounds fair. How much volume do you expect?
A:我们每个月给3_美元和全部差旅费 用,另外按你揽来的所有订单再给你5% 的佣金。
A: I have nothing to judge by because we are just creating this position, but I can tell you that the five percent commission is for the life of the contract.
B:听上去不错。你们要求多少销售额?
B: Yes, I can see that this could be indeed profitable.
A:现在还不好说,因为我们也是刚增设这 一职位。不过我可以说这5%的佣金适 用整个合同有效期。
A: The more you sell and the better you service your account, the bigger your pay will grow.
B:不错,看来这的确有钱可赚。
B: Yes, this sounds like something I would definitely be interested in.
A:你卖得越多,服务越好,你的收入就越高。
A: Do you think you can handle the responsibility that goes with this position?
B:看来这正好适合我的兴趣。
B: Yes, I do.
A:你认为你能担得起这个职位的责任吗? 是的,我能承担。
A: Fine, you’re hired. When can you start?
A:好吧,我们用你了。你什么时候可以上 班?
B: l'll need to give Mason Imports one week notice, so I’ll be ready to start by the 6th of this month.
B:我需要提前一周通知梅森进口公司,所 以,我本月6号就可以来上班。
A: Okay, come in at 8 a. m. on the 6th and we’ll get you started.
A:好,那么你6号上午8点来,我们到时会 告诉你怎么开展工作。
B: Thank you.
B:谢谢。