A: You are Mr. Lu?
A:你是陆先生?
B: Yes, I am.
B:是的,我是。
A: Good. Did you bring the papers that will verify your qualifications?
A:很好。你有带资格证书吗?
B: Yes, here they are.
B:是的,带了。
A: Well, do you have a United States R. N. license?
A:嗯,你有美国的护士执照吗?
B: Excuse me, what do you mean by R.N.?
B:不好意思,请问您所说的R. N.是什么意 思?
A: It means your registered nurse license.
A:指的是已登记的护士执照。
B: Oh! I see. As I have just arrived here. I haven’t had the chance to take the exam.
B:喔!我懂了。因为我才刚到这里,所以 还没有机会去考试。
A: Okay. Well, how about your education in nursing in China?
A:好的。那你在中国接受过什么样的护理 教育呢?
B:I learned nursing through theory and practice for four years at the Department of Nursing Shanghai Medical College.
B:我在上海医学院护理系通过理论和实习 学了 4年的护理。
A: Have you had any nursing experience in any hospital before coming to the States?
A:你到美国之前,有过在医院当护士的经 历吗?
B: Yes, I worked at the Chang Geng Memorial Hospital in Shanghai.
B:有的,我曾在上海的长庚纪念医院工作 过。
A: How long did you work there?
你做了多久?
B: Two years.
两年。
A: What wards did you work in?
你在什么病房工作过?
B: I have worked in the pediatrics department.
我在儿科病房工作过。
A: If you are hired by this hospital, what ward would you like to work in?
A:如果你被医院录用了,你想到哪个病房 工作呢?
B: I’d like you to try me out at the surgical ward if possible.
B:如果被录用,我希望你能让我在外科病 房
A: All right. We’ll let you know within a week. Thank you for coming.
A:好:一个星期之内我们会给你答复。谢 谢你来应聘。
B: Thank you. I’ll look forward to hearing from you.
B:谢谢,我期待您的消息。