A: Come in, Miss Jin. I’m Mr Wang, Director of Personnel. What can I do for you?
A:金小姐,请进。我是人事部主任王先生。 我能帮你什么忙吗?
B: How do you do, Mr. Wang? l’m coming for a job interview at ten o’clock this morning.
B:你好,王先生。我为今天上午10点的工 作面试而来。
A: Oh, I see. Please sit down.
A:噢,我明白。请坐。
B: Thank you.
谢谢。
A: So you would like to become a stewardess, wouldn't you?
A:你愿意当一名空中小姐,对吗?
B: Yes, I’d like to very much.
B:是的,我很喜欢。
A: Well, how old are you?
A:好的,你多大了?
B: I was born on August 10,1985. So I’m 23 years of age. I’m just leaving college this summer.
B:我出生于1985年8月10日,23岁了。 今年暑假毕业。
A: OK But what made you decide on this type of occupation?
A:好的。什么原因使你决定从事这一职 业?
B: Oh, to tell you the truth, I love the sky. When I was a child, I imagined flying into the blue sky some day. Now, I think the day has come. My dream can come true.
B:噢,说真的,我喜欢蓝天。我还是个小孩 子的时候,就曾想将来某一天能飞上蓝 天。现在,我觉得这一天终于来了,我的 梦想要变成现实了。
A: Then, do you know it’s not an easy job to be a stewardess?
A:那么,你知道做空中小姐不是一件容易 的工作吗?
B: Yes, I know. It’s not an easy job, but I’m young, besides l,m in good health.
B:是的,我知道。这不是一件轻松的工作, 但是我年轻,而且身体很好。
A: Do you know sometimes you would have to work long hours?
A:你常常要长时间地工作,你知道吗?
B: Yes, I do.
B:是的,我知道。
A: What’s the most important thing of being an air hostess?
A:当一名空中小姐最重要的是什么?
B: The most important task of being an air hostess is helping passengers relax during their flight. Flying is a stressful thing and if an air hostess can ease that tension, it will make a favorable impression for the airline.
B:空中小姐最重要的任务是帮助旅客在飞 行过程中放松。坐飞机是令人紧张的 事,如果空中小姐能缓和那种紧张,就可 以为航空公司创造良好的形象。
A: Do you think friendly service is very important for the airline staff?
A:你认为对空中乘务员来说,友好服务是 重要的吗?
B: Definitely. I would think this is one of the most important aspects when dealing with public in anyway.
B:的确是的。我认为在与公众相处时,友 好服务是最重要的一个方面。
A: Can you make yourself understood in English without too much difficulty?
A:你能不费力气地用英语交谈吗?
B: Yes. I think I am quite fluent in English.
B:能,我认为我能说流利的英语。