From VOA Learning English,this is In The News.The search for a missing Malaysian airlinercontinued this week.The airplane carrying 239 passengersand crew members disappeared on March 8th.Last Monday, Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razakannounced the flight ended in the southern Indian Ocean."We wanted to inform you of this new developmentat the earliest opportunity."Satellite records show that Malaysia Airlines Flight 370likely crashed in the southern Indian Ocean.Malaysian officials say the flight endedwest of the Australian city of Perth.Australian Defense Minister David Johnston describes the watersin that area as an extremely difficult environment."Remember, this Southern Ocean, has shipwrecked many,many sailors in our history in Western Australia.It is rough. There are 20-, 30-meter waves.It is very, very dangerous, even for big ships."The Boeing 777 aircraft was flying from Kuala Lumpur to Beijingat the time of its disappearance.On Tuesday, protesters marched toward the Malaysian embassy in Beijing.They were angry about the way Malaysian officialshave reacted to the disappearance of Flight 370.The protesters demanded more information.The same day, Malaysia Airlines officials met with reporters.They defended their decision to inform families and the worldthat Malaysian officials now consider the flight lost.Two-thirds of the passengers were Chinese.The Australian government is easing visa and immigration rulesto permit relatives to travel to Perth.The city's Chinese community has offered to assist the visitors.Critics say Malaysia has been keeping informationfrom victims' families and the media.The British satellite company Inmarsat told Malaysian officialsfour days after the disappearancethat they had received hourly signals from the plane.Yet the officials were said to have waited three daysbefore acting on that information.John Goglia has investigated plane crashesfor the U.S. National Transportation Safety Board.He noted Malaysia's lack of experience with air disasters."In this particular instance,what had come out certainly seemed disconnected.It seemed like they didn't follow any of the known processesthat had been established for years and years."Other Southeast Asian countries were quick to join the search.But they were slow to share radar or satellite informationwith Malaysia about possible sightings.Malaysia is in a difficult position.Some observers say it does not want to anger China.Yet China's Global Times newspaperpublished editorials blaming Malaysia's government.One piece read: "Malaysia is determinedto enter the ranks of developed countries by 2020.But judging from its handling of the MH370 incident,Malaysia's modernization will take far longer than this."Malaysia has a growing tourist industry.Last year, 1.8 million Chinese visited the country.But this could change because of Flight 370.On Thursday, China's Foreign Ministryagain called for more exact information from Malaysiaon the details of the search.A spokesman said he hoped Malaysiawould improve its communications with China.This continues to be a developing story.For the latest information, go to 51VOA.comAnd that's In The News from VOA Learning English.